This year we surprised even ourselves. Without looking at circulation or programming stats, here's the big changes we made.
Major New Initiatives
· Play Learn Read children's literacy center developed with constantly changing content
· 1000 Books Before Kindergarten Club, parent/child reading initiative launched - 500 signed up
· Rubber Ducky Club, summer reading club for kids birth-35 months successfully debuted
· Story Action Pod to support Early Literacy activities for K-2 kids created & updated
· Monthly rotating daycare deposit collections begun
· Cookie Club, an incentive program to encourage library use during Dec – Jan premiered
· Re-branded the boat as a "Reading Area" to encourage kids to read rather than run
· 5,735 visits generated by our “passive programs”: SLP, 1000 Books, Cookie Club
· kicked off “Rocky and Flare” and "Babe and Todd" videos to publicize events
· relocated new materials and teacher/parent resources to be more visible/accessible
· Created an e-newsletter and after hours program just for 1000 Bks B4K kids
· Created a "Between Storytimes" coupon book to encourage library use even when no programming is being done
Who knows what 2012 will bring? I'm excited to see!
Image: 'Wrapped Gifts Retirement Party 7-8-09 8' http://www.flickr.com/photos/10506540@N07/3703145222