What are we covering?
- Collection Development Mojo – savvy selection, weeding, confounding conundrums (bindings, salespeople, cold calls, awards, earning a place on the shelf)
- Strategic Planning Power – big picture visioning; outcomes and goals; balancing services; statistics power
- Room Management and Space Issues- from chaos to calm; involving your public; creative space-making; managing behaviors
- Leadership from Within – fostering relationships with other library staff; dealing with reluctant administration/board/patrons/co-workers/employees;
- Zen Balance and Creative Engagement – partnerships/collaboration; PLNs
Active participation in discussion, a short paper that helps you identify a goal to work on and presto! You've earned CEUs and valuable insight from this crowd-sourced course where we all help each other examine these issues. Problem-solving and sharing are hallmarks of this learning opportunity.
Registration is now open (with a 10% discount before Oct 2). But don't delay; the course tends to fill fast!
And please check out the other UW-Madison SLIS fall CE courses. My colleagues are knocking it out of the park and each class is dynamite!!!