8.25.2010

Why I Love Being a Children's Librarian

Besides getting to see all the new materials and read them first in my favorite reading chair at home so I know what to recommend to kids....

Besides connecting kids to information resources and answering their questions....

Besides running into a parent who I had in storytime when they were kids who tell me how much I meant to them and their love of libraries and books (and meeting their kids!)...

Besides working with colleagues in my library, the state, the blogosphere, and across the country who so generously share ideas and energy...

Besides loving to talk to kids and tease them and bring a smile out....

Besides connecting to other youth serving organizations in the community to do even better work for kids...

Well, besides all of the above, I love my work because I think nothing is better than connecting kids, books and libraries together in one big happy mish-mash.

Why do you love children's library work?

Image: 'I Love to Read'  www.flickr.com/photos/90819592@N00/775089650

2 comments:

  1. I echo all of your reasons and will add that I love the perfect combination of kids and creativity in a job that gives me permission (actually encourages me)to be silly and have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm..ditto! I LOVE being a librarian. It's about books and connecting with people. It's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete