2.14.2012

Hey, What DOES a Librarian Look Like?


Oh my friends, we know what we look like but do others?  Bobbi Newman, she of Librarian by Day blog and the creator of the Library Day in the Life and Libraries and Transliteracy projects, has created another great project: This is What a Librarian Looks Like.

She is asking librarians to submit a photo of themselves to show the world who we are. After just two days, the delightful variety of pix is dazzling and fun.  You can find me with my canoeing buddies.  Head on over there and show us what you look like!


Picture attribution: well, I'm not sure...it's heading around Facebook and I first ran into it from Craig Anderson.  Whoever made it, please accept my heartfelt humble thanks for your spot-on humor.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Marge!

    Yep! I made it myself. I mean, of course I didn't write the Twilight Zone episode ("Time enough at last") that I stole the first picture from, nor did I personally get Noah Wylie to star in The Librarian series for picture #5. And the other 4 pictures are stock photos that I took from a basic Google search. But I was the one who realized that no-one had created this meme for Librarians and put them all together in this way. <3

    --- Craig

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the hilarious photo (my husband and I just fell over laughing on the Twilight Zone part - so freaking true!) and I sure hope you don't mind that I used it. This post is getting lots of hits so some more people are seeing your wickedly good humor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the shout out to This is What a Librarian Looks Like and thank you for submitting a photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did a similar thing for a workshop I recently led-http://tommyjohnspresents.com/whatido.pdf.

      Delete