- Relationships are one of the most important parts of our lives - not just our family relationships but those with our co-workers and people we interact with daily.
- Speaking kindly and with thought towards others is of great value.
- Be honest with each other.
- People want to be treated well.
- We as a community are stronger when we work together to create a common good.
- "Public" has been devalued as a word (public school; public housing; public transportation; public library) in relation to "private" - but all of us are "the public".
It reminds me again in this time of great need, when I work in a place that is public and anyone of any income level can come in to use our library, that is important to make each interaction as meaningful as I can no matter who is in front of me.